Thursday 12 November 2009

My Preliminary Task Evaluation

Preliminary Task Evaluation

1) Our piece does show continuity between all the different shots, it starts off with the low angle shot of one character entering and then a shot-reverse shot of the characters before the close up shot of the object in question (the wallet) nicely flowing back to the characters talking in the bar. The use of the wide angles, back to the close up also work well, linking them all in together to create the film we have made.

2) When filming we used the 180 degree rule because the cameras never went behind the characters. We also made sure that the characters faces were always in shot for the shot-reverse shot. There is only one point in our film where we haven’t used match on action properly, but after that match on action is used in our film.


3) On the whole in filming, I feel that our group worked well, considering we had a camera that wouldn’t upload our footage meaning that we had to film on three separate occasions. As far as editing goes. I feel that I didn’t have the chance to edit as it seemed to be controlled by one person in our group, so if I come to another task, I will be behind when it comes to editing because I would have not had a substantial amount of time using the programme.

4) I think we could improve on performance space if we had the chance to film again. I feel that because we were running out of time to film we had to use a cramped space, not allowing the people acting to move about and also the camera’s could not get the best possible shot because we didn’t have the best space for filming.


5) I don’t think that we planned our video well; we just found somewhere and filmed. Once we had decided who was going to do what, we just filmed. We didn’t really plan how to set out the scene. If we could improve our film I think we should take some time to plan everything in the film and make sure everybody knows what their jobs are and so everyone gets a fair chance to have some input in filming and editing.

6) We used fades in our piece but this wasn’t down to a group decision. Only certain people in our group made the decision and if people didn’t agree they still wouldn’t allow us to add more transitions to experiment with.


7) No I haven’t learnt anything about the editing software because I wasn’t given the chance to have a go at editing. So for my next project it is going to be a lot harder for me to get an understanding of the editing software.

8) Technology is not very reliable, we had to film a multiple number of times, and the editing software was jumpy when trying to see if transitions etc worked properly. Once we did upload the footage though the technology did give some good quality footage that could be used in our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment